Thursday, January 2, 2014

Poetry

Hey, guys! Here's a piece I did towards the end of 2013. 
Hope you enjoy 



Soulmates

I walk this path alone.
Staring at the blank space beside my reflection.
As my emotions swell inside,
I release the pain behind my eyes…
My tears melt into the face before me–
breaking the shell staring back at me.

All of my concerns disappear when your presence is near.
Walking hand in hand, staring into the night sky…
Will you be mine?
Your gentle touch, the depth in your eyes; 
The peace I feel as you hold me tight.

Reluctantly I take this path, praying that my emotions won’t fail me.
The sound of your warm voice comforting me.
Your smile, your faith, your strength.
I fear the end only to find a new beginning each day…
Deeper and deeper I fall; my soul filled with passion.
I welcome your embrace, placing my lips on yours.

Our strides move swiftly, but never look back.
Peering at my reflection, the space still remains.
Confused and frustrated I touch the reflection before me…
My hand immersed in the cool water, I close my eyes and shed a tear . . .
Only to find it streaming down your face.

I will not walk alone…
For those deep eyes stare back at me –
Your soul intertwined with mine reflecting the rays of our affection.
How long is forever?
I only pray that it is long enough to experience every piece of you…

My soul mate.

###

As always, feel free to:
• Leave a comment below
• Send me a personal e-mail: jacqi.briana@gmail.com
• Share this post using the small, grey buttons below
• Check out my site: about.me/jacqibriana
• Follow me on social media:

With Love,

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment