Saturday, January 4, 2014

Book Review: His Princess by Sheri Rose Shepherd

Happy Saturday!

I often post photos of scriptures and messages to my social media sites.  My posts with love letters from God always receive the most attention as so many of you ask "where on earth did you find such an amazing book?!"

For those who have not had the pleasure of seeing any excerpts via social media, the book I am referring to is called His Princess: Love Letters From Your King.  This book was crucial in the process of refocusing my life to be centered around Jesus Christ.
His Princess: Love Letters From Your King and my Journal
I actually received this book as a gift many years ago while in high school at about 15 years old.  I fell into a very tough space in 2013 after a car accident. I started having severe anxiety which began a year of major growth and transition for me (I will post more on this at a later date). I finally had it on my heart to open this book at 20-years-old.

From that day, I could not put it down. The book contains scripture-based letters written as if they were directly from God. Its endless topics are applicable to so many different areas of life. Some days, I honestly was convinced that God was adding in new letters just for me. It always felt as though he was directly speaking to me. It helped me truly meditate on his word and build a much more personal relationship with him.

TIP: Always begin by going to God in prayer. I always say a prayer repenting of my sins and asking God to lead me. Generally, I pray on specific situations.  Other times, I just ask Him to send me whatever I need to make it through the day.  I flip to a random page, read the letter, and take detailed notes on all of the main points. Next, I write down the scripture and meditate on it jotting down how it applies to my life, and what I can do to better follow that particular message.  Lastly, I go back to God in prayer using my notes to specifically touch on those individual points in my life asking him for help, guidance, and leaving the rest in his hands.

I am so thankful that Ms. Shepherd put together such a beautiful masterpiece. I still re-read it almost everyday and recommend it all the time.

Check out Sheri's site here to view the entire seven-book series, and find the book that best suits your needs. You can also find excerpts of the books as well until you decide to make a purchase.  The book is also available at Barnes & Noble.

I highly recommend this book to anyone.
###

As always, feel free to:
• Leave a comment below
• Send me a personal e-mail: jacqi.briana@gmail.com
• Share this post using the small, grey buttons below
• Check out my site: about.me/jacqibriana
• Follow me on social media:

With Love,

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment