Wednesday, January 15, 2014

PERFECTION & HL BINGE

Hey, everyone!

I hope you've been having an amazing start to 2014. I have so much to blog about that my brain is on overload! I want to start by sharing another blog for the ladies.  Can I just say, I am SO OBSESSED with Heather Lindsey. Her post are CRAZY insightful, so down-to-earth, and make you really reconsider how you're living!

One topic that is on my heart tonight requires an internal look at the person you are striving to become. Take a second -- ask yourself: "What/Who am I striving to be?" If you're answer includes any of the following:
  • a woman that has all of society's desirable elements, qualities, and characteristics
  • a saint or saintly
  • an unsurpassable degree of accuracy or excellence
  • an exemplification of supreme excellence
  • free of setbacks or mistakes
  • FLAWLESS (sorry, ladies . . . Beyonce lied!)

THOSE ARE ALL CHARACTERISTICS OF PERFECTION -- IT'S SIMPLY UNATTAINABLE! I'm not perfect, and neither are you! Hate to break the news but . . . we never will be! Rather than striving for what you (or society) has deemed as "the perfect woman", try reaching out to God and start working at being the woman he's PERSONALLY CALLED YOU TO BE -- now that is perfection. Please do not confuse this with an excuse to live in sin! While we can't do it all, we can definitely strive to be all we have been created to be, and live life GOD's way. 

In honor of my HL Binge, click on her beautiful photo below to check out an amazing article shedding light on the chase to be "the perfect woman".



###

As always, feel free to:
• Leave a comment below
• Send me a personal e-mail: jacqi.briana@gmail.com
• Share this post using the small, grey buttons below
• Check out my site: about.me/jacqibriana
• Follow me on social media:

With Love,

-J

REMEMBER: Life is not a game -- so stop playing! 
NEXT POST: #MINDBODYSPIRIT

No comments:

Post a Comment